These cute little coasters work up super fast, use a miniscule amount of yarn, and are so easy. Once you get the hang of these, they’re so simple you can totatlly veg out on that show you’ve been meaning to watch. After the first few, my fingers knew the way. I just had to sit still a minute.
If you’re not so into making them yourself, I have a few available in my Etsy shop here:
On to the instructions!
Super easy crochet drink coaster
Hook: 3mm Yarn: Patons Hempster 3-light, or equivalent natural fiber
Approximately 4.5” x 4.5” (11.5 x 11.5 cm)
• ch = chain • HDC = half double crochet • ss = slip stitch • beg = beginning
Instructions: (US terms)
• RD1: Magic circle, ch 2, 12 HDC into the magic circle, pull circle closed, ss into first HDC to close round
• RD2: Ch 5, [1 DC, ch 2] x 11. Ss into top ch 3 at the beg of the round
• RD3: Ss into the next chain space, ch 3, 2 DC into that same chain space, ch 1,
[3 DC- into the next chain space, ch 1] x 11. Ss into top of ch 3 at beg.
• RD4: [Ch 5, skip 3 stitches, 1 SC into chain space] x 12.
*work SCs into the chain space between 3-DC clusters in rd3.
• RD5: Ss into 5-chain space, ch 3, 5 DC into same chain space. [6 DC into each chain space] x 11. Cut yarn, invisible join to close the round.
And you’re done! These work up so fast and use such a small amount of yarn you can get a whole bunch from one skein of yarn. Great for using up left over yarn. Lovely for housewarming gifts. Perfect for adding delicate details and/or pops of color to home décor. And of course, they are meant to protect furniture from dings and moisture. Which is great as the weather warms up and our drinks will more often contain tasty, icy beverages.
Have fun! And if you make some, come find me on social media. I'm @angelhawari on quite a few platforms. Post pics and tag me. I'd love to see ♥